Iggy Azalea who is an Australian rapper was seen by a photographer, who tried taking pictures of her while she went grocery shopping. There was conflict between the photographer and Iggy, also her manager who tried to defend her when this occurred. Her manager said "Just cause she's a celebrity, it does not give you the right to follow her". I would agree to this because being a celebrity should not be a reason to have people stalking you. But in terms of the photographer's point of view, I can understand why he started talking pictures of Iggy. Society is drawn to seeing what their favourite celebrity is up to, so the paparazzi take advantage of this by invading a celebrity's personal space. I would have to think that both were wrong in this situation because once you are exposed to the world, many people want to keep up to date with you. Therefore, the paparazzi will follow you on a daily basis. So Iggy could have just ignored the photographer and accept the fact that her life is no longer private. But the photographer is also wrong because sometimes the paparazzi can become too much to handle because celebrities have their rights as well. Similar to this topic, Kristen Bell who is the star of Frozen was arriving in LAX in Los Angeles. She was caught on tape hitting a paparazzo because she was so frustrated. The paparazzo said," Kristen you hurt me a little bit, that's mean". I find it ironic that the paparazzo thought that when Kristen hit him, it was considered mean or rude because it is also rude of the paparazzi flashing cameras in her face when she is bothered by this. At this point, this is when the paparazzi needs to stop because they should imagine that if this happened to them, they would feel the same. I do believe that the paparazzi only try to annoy celebrities for the entertainment.

No comments:
Post a Comment